Tuesday 11 October 2011

EZ Bloomers


September has just gone, and it is a really expensive month for me as I have three significant birthdays all rolled into one week. Would you believe it is my Mom's, my Wife's and my Dad's birthdays all within a 7-day stretch...?

Now, I was impressed with one gift that came for my wife, a friend who lives quite a long way away sent flowers, and they were so beautifully presented that I got to thinking how sending flowers was the norm in times gone by, but it has been ages since I have actually seen any flowers sent in this way. Yet with the way that the internet is growing as a 'shopping' experience, it is no wonder that companies like EZBloomers.com floral arrangement services are so popular. I think one of the things that internet shopping has done is to bring the price of delivery services down to a manageable level. The knock-on effect of this is that having flowers delivered is not perceived as such an extravagance as it once was, once people realise this is the case, I am sure we will be sending flowers all over the place.

After all having flowers from a real florist is a cut above the droopy offerings that your local gas-station might have on their forecourt... and in fact I am seriously considering sending flowers to my Mom next year, they are the perfect gift for someone who is not easy to buy for, and receiving flowers still gives the recipient the feeling that they are special. I'm not sure that my Dad would thank me for flowers though, so I will still have to think of something suitable for him.

No comments: