Monday 22 August 2011

Quiet August

Although we are not really finished with August, this one has felt like a holiday month from a blogging perspective, not many paid opps, so not much blogging.
I have had a few opps from Blogsvertise recently, but I have to wait a month to get paid. There has been a few tapes (cassette to CD conversions) to do, so income has been steady.
I checked my results for last August, but there were plently of blogging opps then, so I don't think it's a seasonal thing. Whether the general economic climate is taking it's toll, is difficult to say, but low-cost advertising would probably remain attractive in a down-turn, so I don't think it has had a tremendous effect.

I have been able to get a new site started this month, and I have an idea for yet another site to follow when I have a little time to set it up. My latest mini-site is a Wordpress effort geared towards bringing together resources for building and hosting a website for free - yes it can be done!
If you are interested, you can visit the free webs site here - it's in early stages at the moment, I hope to get more resources added regularly. I am enjoying this first 'proper' journey into WP, and hope I get my head around it enough to knock out a few more... If September continues to be quiet, you can be sure I will have at least one more site up and running, especially now I have established that I can do it for free..

No comments: