Saturday 15 August 2009

Half-way through the month

I am still considering whether I can continue reporting earnings in the same way or whether to amalgamate several strands of earnings together and report everything in £UK. This week I have seen some extra Adsense coming in from my new Adsense project which is encouraging, and in the meantime I have had a payout from PayU2blog and a few weeks ago discovered that I am due to get a payout of $53 from affiliates. I think that translation of everything into £UK will be problematical and would prefer to report it after it has been paid so that I can be more accurate instead of using an assumed exchange rate.
I have not had much response to the ebay partner affiliate widgets that I have placed in a couple of sites, but am hoping that this will still prove to be a worthwhile sheme in the long run as long as I can drive enough traffic to the sites. As a result I have been attempting to create a bit of traffic for one of the sites today, time will tell whether this was time well spent...
Placement for my new Adsense project is still high and seems to have settled between position 2 and position 4 in Google for the preferred search term depending on whether I search with Google.com or .co.uk, and whether I use spaces or not in my two-word key phrase. This in itself does not guarantee income, yet is very satisfying from an SEO point of view. I never expected to rank #1, but I am now beginning to wonder how easy it might be to achieve...

1 comment:

Linky Love said...

Hi Jay,

Since this is not an accounting for taxes, I would be very happy to see earnings in any currency.

Or a conversion using a fixed standard as I am more interested in the ratio's between the earning than the lats penny earned :-)

You could ask your readers what they would prefer :-)

Always aim for rank number 1 and then be happy u get on 2, as you never know how tomorrow Google will rank you :-)