Monday 13 July 2009

Another slow month..

I am not the only one to comment on the slow-down of paid post and associated earnings recently, this on top of the drop off in paid post earnings over the last year or so in general. We seem to be hitting a real dry-patch lately and getting opps is seemingly becoming more difficult.
This could be a result of a number of factors, the first of which is the ongoing effects of Google's reaction to paid posts which has been to lower the PageRank of posters and advertisers alike. Another reason could be the general down-turn in the economy which has left many companies looking for ways to cut costs dramatically. For those with several 'strings to their bow' it just means a shift in emphasis to other sources of income. I have been lucky in that another of my online activities has been much busier this month, and I have been actvely pursuing other income avenues anyway. I have always been interested in passive earnings through adsense and will continue to pursue ways of building income with a combination of SEO and Adsense and affiliates.

7 comments:

MHJ said...

I'm still being punished for paid posts although I stopped doing them. It is really frustrating to have a 0 page rank again.

Ellie
http://www.thepinkc.net

Linky Love said...

Like Ellie, My PR never got up either, although no more doing paid posts either.

Anyways, there was money made on the Internet before paid posts, so back to the old drawing boards :-)

jay said...

I have taken the view that I will sacrifice PR for paid posts on some sites, others I am a bit more subtle about and have successfully retained some PR whilst still doing the occasional paid post... other irons are in the fire of course for when paid posts dry up..

Linky Love said...

How do you get PR back? I read it on a few other blogs that they regain PR, mine that have burned to zero steadily keep on zero :-(

Of course it's easy to start a new blog and be in business again 3 months later. Just that it's a lot of work for something that's going to go through the drain again due to PR burns.

I prefer investing my time in something that can grow :-)

jay said...

Your PR may rise or fall naturally, but if you have been black-marked, you can resubmit your URL to Google to be reassessed. I tried this but you won't know if they have responded because they won't get involved in a dialogue about it...

Linky Love said...

Where do you resubmit your URL to Google for PR?

Thanks :-)

jay said...

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35843&hl=en

or search for 'request reconsideration' in Google Webmaster Tools account - if you don't have Google Webmaster Tools, sign up for it now...!!