Sunday 2 December 2007

Looking back at November

This is how my earnings spreadsheet looks for the month just gone. The 'Total' is the earnings since March, and the 'This Month' figure is how much was generated in November (PINK for earnings, RED for actual money received via paypal, the rest will be paid out in the coming month). For comparison, I have shown the same table for October.
NOV - spreadsheet:
I will talk through some of the major points that have had an impact on earnings in November. From the top then, I think that I have pretty much given up on Creamaid due to them being less likely to approve a post for no apparent reason - I may use them again if I get desperate... Blogsvertise has actually been the biggest earner for me in November yielding $157 through their 'grab bag' system, this time I used my other blogspot blog to do most of these opps. PPP started well, and I made over $100 in the first week through PPP and Blogsvertise, leading me to speculate on a possible $400-$500 this month, but the Google effect kicked in and opps all but dried up by the end of the month - the same was true of Smorty, once the PR dropped, it wasn't long before the opps dried up. This was a shame particularly because I had only just regained my PR, and opps were flying at me from all directions. You may spot that I have tried a new service 'Sponsored reviews' which gained me an opp for $13, if any further opps arrive from this source I will be sure to post more about it.
OCT - Spreadsheet:
All the usual suspects are listed for the 'small change' earnings, I can see that I could combine the two survey sites (Ciao and Pure profile) for future spreadsheets, and I will combine some other sections to make the sheet easier to read for the future.
Despite the loss of PR, this month has been my most successful so far netting me nearly $324 - ironically this was entirely due to the fact that my PR had shot up at the end of October!! At least I was able to make a little hay whilst the sun was shining, and hold out hope for the future. Having seen my PR going up and down so much recently, I remain hopeful of regaining PR again in the future.

4 comments:

MHJ said...

Congrats! I am glad you did great this month. :)

jay said...

Thanks, new strategies will be required for the future...

Linky Love said...

Smart to cash in on your PR!

My idea was not to blog for money until the PR was stable again... it's stable again on zero so I even missed the peak, some you win, some Google wins :-)

jay said...

Google never loses, I wasn't smart just lucky, but then that's true of 90% of successes!