Friday 7 December 2007

The future for blogging

I firmly believe that the current drop in paid to post blogging could be a temporary blip during which time some of the poorer paid blogs will cease to be, and the better ones will continue to pick up in some form or other in the future.
PPP have shown that there is money available and you can rest assured that the people running PPP, Smorty, Blogsvertise etc.. will be working out a strategy to keep their market going via the bloggers that they have on their books. This month, I have to admit that opportunities have all but dried up (I'm glad I made the most of last month!), and I expect to make virtually nothing over December (althoughI will collect much of the cash earned last month).
The emphasis now must be on building traffic, which ironically seems to rise automatically during intensive paid blogging periods (basically because I am posting daily). Traffic seems to be up over all of my sites recently, and I haven't made much conscious effort in that department - I must put more energy into it and see if I can raise my 'RealRank' from the rather poor standing it has at the moment. Let's see what the future brings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Traffic is up for me, too, but it may have to do with my post about how I lost my PageRank. I've gotten a lot of comments from people, telling me that I should stop using rel="nofollow" because it isn't fair to other bloggers and whatnot, but I'm just mad at Google right now.

Perhaps after the holidays I'll feel better and stop being a jerk.

Ellie

Linky Love said...

Nothing to do with being a jerk Ellie, if you need to play by the rules, then you play by the rules, it's called: nice :-)

And I love how you get more visitors due to the post that explains why you lost PR: you discovered a niche!