Thursday 8 February 2007

Making your blog more interesting

Right now Google gadgets is my favourite source for stuff to make your blog look interesting. They offer calendars, maps, games... a whole host of little scripts to brighten up your day.
http://www.google.com/ig/directory?synd=open&source=asnd_pub1 I saved this in my favourites, and suggest you do the same. Tip: If you want to get people to mark your page as a favourite or even a home page, you will need to have stuff that makes your page look current and interesting. I use things like 'picture of the day' and 'joke of the day' on my other blog, that way it looks like you have updated your site content even when you have not touched it for a few days...
The gadgets can be configured a little to your requirements and then you are offered the script which you can paste into your own page.
One niggle though, I tried the mapping gadget and couldn't get it to distinguish between two relatively UK postcodes, I suspect that it doesn't recognise complete postcodes, just the initial part.
If you like games, have a go at the google gadget at the bottom of this page.....!

No comments: