Tuesday 10 December 2013

Find My Friends - Android App


As well as providing a phone for my wife this Christmas, we have decided it is probably time for our daughter to have her own phone too - so she will be getting my old Sony Experia with a contract (paid by me...). One of the reasons for getting her a phone is that we can take advantage of this type of Android App so we can work out where she is, and she can work out where we are.
I have been using this app for a while now and found it invaluable for locating family members whilst they are out and about - I have also used it to alert other users that I am nearby - really handy if you planned to meet up with someone.
However the main purpose for me remains to be able to keep track of a child with a mobile device - after Christmas I will get a better idea of how that is going to work, but on the showing so far, this free app is going to be extremely useful...

No comments: