Tuesday 12 November 2013

So busy...

My new Android 'phone has arrived from China, despite the wrong carriage charges being applied and then being charged import duties, despite all that, the phone is really pretty good. It came with a spare battery and a flip cover, and worked straight out of the box - the only thing it needed was a micro-SD card. I had a spare 8GB card from my old phone, so I used that until a new 32GB card arrived from eBay.
My initial mistake was buying a 32GB SD card for £5.99 - I know, it was NEVER going to work, but it was a UK seller, so I thought it might be OK - it was rubbish and started to lose apps after the first day. Every time I switched off or rebooted the phone, all the apps I had downloaded would disappear! So I bit the bullet and shelled out a cool £15 on a SanDisk Ultra 32GB card and that is running far more sweetly - no lost apps yet....
I will have to start reviewing Android Apps again now as I can get a much larger selection on the new phone, plus my massive SD card can hold masses of apps, so I don't have to keep uninstalling them like with my old phone.
Oh, and the phone is HUGE, it's a 5.3" screen which I think is equivalent to a Samsung Note 2, and apparently is a 'phablet' - somewhere between a phone and a tablet. Of course, it's tricky to take a photo as I tend to use the phone itself to take photo's...but I will try and get a photo uploaded soon...
I have delayed writing about the phone because work has been so busy lately - no sign of any let up so I think I am going to have an exhausting run up to Christmas, at least my much-awaited pay-rise materialised this year - fingers crossed for a Christmas bonus...

No comments: