Friday 15 November 2013

Cheap Chinese Android Phone

Well, so far so good - I've had my new phone a couple of weeks now and worked out that it is the same dimensions as the Samsung Note 2. I know this because I found a case in Tesco's that matched the phone's dimensions perfectly...
I'm not sure how much a Samsung Note 2 costs, but am pretty sure it is upwards of  £300, my phone was just £96 from McBub, and may not be exactly that same spec as a Note 2, but is pretty tasty all the same. It has 4GB on-board of which 1.7GB is free for storage, and 1GB ROM - it can take a 32GB SD card (don't buy a cheap one!) and most extraordinary of all...has a quad-core processor.

I have now ordered a dual-core phone from McBub for my wife - costing just £66, and have ordered an extra SIM from my mobile provider that will give reasonable use for texts and mobile internet etc.. for £7 a month. Both phones come loaded with Android 4.2, mine has a 8MP camera, and my wife's will have a 5MP camera - you can get better spec cameras but to be honest if I wanted to take brilliant photo's, I would get a decent camera instead of a 'phone.
I have already started loading all sorts of Apps on the phone, so will be reviewing them over the next few weeks - watch this space for reviews of a really addictive game, and some boring but essential utilities for your Android phone..

No comments: