Friday 30 November 2012

Update

I am not looking anywhere near on target for getting all my content from 'Livewyre.NET' transferred to a Wordpress platform. The end of November deadline is looming, and I am no further forward than I was a month ago.
However another WP project I had using a 'co.cc' domain has collapsed because the domain has been withdrawn - it was a free domain, and it is no surprise that it has diasppeared to be honest. I had tried to revive it using a '.tk' domain, but whilst editing the domain settings, the whole WP database threw a wobbly and I can't log in at all now...!
It's not exactly a huge problem as it was an experiment that is not really vital - lesson learned though, first lesson on free domains, second one on making too many changes to a WP site in one go...
The 'End of November' deadline was a self-imposed one, so I can just put it back, life in general gets very busy around this time of year and I have another hefty batch of cassettes that I am turning into CD's for a client, so that comes first.... Work is still very very busy ('normal' 9-5 work that is), so all things considered, it is better that I look after 'real' work before progressing with the online stuff.
I still hope to find time to develop the WP site, but will have to set a new dealine...

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I am trying to be organised this year and get Christmas things done when I have no work. It can be easier said than done and I think it is always better to enjoy the family time and the holiday than worry about work at this time of the year. The extra money is always handy but family always comes first. I hope you are yours are all doing fine!

jay said...

I don't think I will have the choice as there is so much 'family' stuff such as school concerts etc.. (and I am helping out with most of them). As you say, family comes first...