Monday 12 November 2012

November Update

To be honest, it feels like December already, I'm already making plans for Christmas - have got my daughter's present and the diary is filling up with Christmas commitments...
I usually take a few days off to help out with some school Christmas events, so I need to get that sorted soon, we are also intending to travel to my home town for Christmas, so there is a hotel room that needs booking for Christmas Night (maybe boxing day if I can persuade my wife..)

My 'day job' is still hectic at the moment, so very little opportunity to get much done with websites and blogs and the like. For some reason, I have found myself drifting back towards 'MyLot' recently. It's like a question and answer forum where you can earn a few cents each time you participate. It takes a while to reach the $10 payout, but you can make freinds (and enemies!) doing so...

I am still finding blogging opportunities, and converting cassettes into CD's so will have some extra money for Christmas if I keep working at it... I have always been a great advocate of the idea that 'saving' money is every bit as good as 'making' money, and I have just clinched a great deal for a bike for my daughter from eBay. I was thinking of spending about £120 on a bike, but found a used one better than I could have afforded (if it were new)  for just £30 on eBay from a local seller. The bike is in really great condition too, and has even been recently serviced.

So the preparations for Christmas are coming together, it'll all be over in a few weeks!

No comments: