Thursday 21 May 2009

Internet Money Makers #2

Name: Greg Barnaby
Main projects: FreeCashMoneyGifts, SurveyTube, and long term project RewardKingdom

Start of internet earnings: January 2007 I believe was when I decided to put my foot forward.
Current rate of earnings: right now my company Barnaby Media is doing $6k USD a month in revenue.
How did you start off your online earning capers: I first started with Payperpost and other pay per post sites, as well trying with Adsense.
What money making ideas have you tried:
Well Adsense, Paid Posts, Plus now I am a GPT site owner, PayPerLead and Forum owner as well.
What would you say now is the best way to make money online for newbies and for those who have been around a bit? Tough to say. ..if you can refer people to sites then I would say that GPT sites can earn you a bit of money and win prizes. For newbies the fastest way to earn I would say is through GPT sites.. Otherwise making sites with content that would build up over time and earn Adsense one day. Never do the PTC sites. you earn pennies at a time and never worth it.

What are you working on next? I am working on surveytube which will be launched in the next couple of weeks. Once that is done and running I have planned a bigger project... RewardKingdom. That will be a bigger site with a more targeted audience, with hopefully bigger earnings. I wouldn't say I have arrived yet. Still not hit the 10k a month in revenue. 2009 looks to be on pace for a 60k in revenue year - the economy is definitely slowing my growth down. Though I do have plans once the 2 sites are up and running which would eventually become a full time gig if it plans out. Right now it looks like I am in the GetPaidTo field and here to stay for now. The competition is tough like in anything online now that you are trying to make money with.

A highlight of my career so far online is finally getting freecashmoneygifts.com up and running. A low-light was screwing up an auction on sitepoint for MyLOL.net had agreed to Buy it now with seller for 5k but forgot to hit the 'buy-it-now' button instead I just bid.. so hours before we were to finish the deal some b@$tard doubled my bid and the guy screwed me over and sold it to him. Yes I am still bitter about it....

Thanks to Greg for participating in this feature and best wishes with your future projects, you are certainly developing into the entrepreneur that you always threatened to be...

1 comment:

Linky Love said...

Count me in Jay, will be for next week, it's always helpful to remind me about it :-)