Tuesday 8 January 2008

Getting started with a blog

I wish I had been able to find more information about blogging when I started doing this about 12 months ago. It was really just a case of trial and error as a newbie blogger and doing lots of research to get to grips with the concepts of the blogosphere. A helpful guide to starting a blog has been produced and posted at Livewyre.NET. The guide talks about what a blog is and how to set one up, the idea of blogging for free, having your own domain and monetising your blog. If you haven't already started a blog and you are interested, why not take a look at the helpful article?
Other items of interest at Livewyre include free software, website designing and SEO hints and tips along with making money online help.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting Post, Thanks for the tips. I also like the buttons at the left of the blog, it replaces the usually header title and nav bar! Great job.

Again, Thanks for commenting on Bradblogging.com, I hope to see you back again soon :)

jay said...

Thanks for your kind comments Brad - I will be back to BradBlogging for more hints and tips

Jay a.k.a. 'Dat' said...

I couldn't agree with you more Jay! I think for the first two months of blogging, I was such a noob, then I started to take off a lot more.

But I found helping others and building a community is very good for all of us!

Jay (I mean, the 'other' Jay)
DatMoney.com
DatCurious.com

hotdogman said...

Happy New Year. Hope all is well across the pond.

Good article-wish I had it last year! I'll give it a mention on my blog.

I have followed your blog because we both started out about the same time. I took some of your advice along the way-classic case of the blind leading the blind!

Hope your PR has recovered and you can start being a top notch Link Ho again. I have become such a link ho myself, but I like the idea of making a decent part time income from my blog. I'm up to around $150/month with Adsense and if I post regularly about $500-700/month with PPP!

I've become a bit of a PPP snob as I won't accept PPP's for less than $10!

Happy Blogging in 2008!

jay said...

Good to hear you are doing so well, thanks for the kind words - you know I am a big fan of yours - I'll be over soon to leave my mark...