Sunday 21 July 2013

Summer Cold!

Right in the midst of the most glorious weather we have ever had in the UK, I had to go and get a cold - thankfully not too severe, but enough to make me feel pretty tired and out of sorts.
This week I was on a course at work, and instead of driving, I decided to walk in the hot weather. So from Monday to Thursday I walked about 3 miles every morning, did a full day of course work and then walked 3 miles back. By Thursday the cold was kicking in - not the best day to have an assessment, but I passed anyway. Felt out of sorts on Friday back at work, and the cold has now come 'out' properly with streaming nose and sneezing.
I am hoping I feel a bit more 'up for it' next week as I have a week to prepare everything at work prior to my summer vacation, plus I need to complete an assignment to go with the coursework.
The weather has cooled off slightly now with a lovely cool breeze for the BBQ we had last night, cool enough to sleep at night thankfully. A cooler start to the day, but the paddling pool in the back garden is back in use this afternoon!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I am glad that you are feeling better! We have just come back form a week in Wales and it was relief that it was cooler there and we manage to avoid the storms. I hope that you have a good holiday and avoid the rain too!