Tuesday 24 July 2012

Time for a change

I was recently prompted to look at this blog and see if I could 'streamline' it a little. There was a suggestion that side-bar text-links can become a problem because they are in every 'page' and they generate hundreds of 'spammy' looking links. I was reluctant to remove them at first, but I figured that this blog could probably do with a spring clean so why not remove all of the clutter from the sidebar.

My foray into the blogger template editor has resulted in a slight colour scheme change (grey to contrast better with the bright red), and a thorough 'weeding out' of the sidebar.

This is post no:1198 on Munny4Hunny, and marks yet another facelift, although only a very subtle one compared with ones I have been though in the past. The image included here is one of the first banners that I designed for this blog over five years ago. A lot of text has been typed since then, and a few dollars have been amassed too.. which makes the whole project that much more worthwhile.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Keep us updated on whether this worked for you. I make quite a big income form selling side bar links, much more than I do from adsense, but I am interested in whether you have found removing them has made a big difference.

jay said...

I have only removed them on this one blog, there were no paid ones (haven't run any paid ones for a while) I have seen that it can 'generate' masses of backlinks, but I also suspect that Google doesn't 'like' them for that very reason. Adsense payout coming up next month thank goodness... I should really pursue sidebar link selling but have not really put any effort in since I don't tend to visit digital point much nowadays