Sunday 2 August 2009

July Earnings

It is what it is, a means to an end - I am guilty of using munny4hunny for generating income often at the expense of style and content. Guilty as charged...

However, as I have said before, the earnings potential of blogs has reduced in recent years and new lines of revenue must be found. My recent forays into Adsense and affiliate earnings have started to bear fruit, but are still in their infant stages as yet.
In the meantime, a trickle of earnings continues mainly from PayU2blog, and the occasional review from 'sponsoredreviews.com'. This month I have had to adjust the ratio that I had been using to convert £earnings into $earnings which has made my survey earnings look like they have taken a bit of a tumble. On that note, Adsense have requested that I have my earnings reported in £UK rather than £US, once again making it harder to compare earnings as I have previously preferred to use the 'universal' dollar to record revenue.
I will probably overhaul the way that I record earnings and also plan to amalgamate all my internet earnings together in one account and keep a record in £UK for tax purposes, although I am not certain whether I will continue to post specific details of earnings here.
A slow month, generating about $68 in earnings, but a healthier $95 in actual payouts - My Paypal stash is building nicely , though I may have to raid it for the Summer holidays...

3 comments:

Linky Love said...

No more break down? (dollars, Pounds, Euros, we love them all :-) )

jay said...

I'm having to reassess how I do the breakdown to reflect earnings accurately now that I can no longer get my adsense earnings in dollars... I haven't re-jigged my spread-sheet yet and am looking at a new way of compiling all my internet earnings into a single sheet. I can do this easier with earnings that have been paid out as paypal converts them into £'s for me. This will be ideal for tax purposes, but not so ideal for reporting earnings as dollars are easily understood. Would you know what £1 GBP was worth in your local currency or would you have to look it up??

Linky Love said...

£100 =
163.48 $
117.16 Euro

These are the conversion looked up today used by a converter seen at http://www.oamarunewzealand.com

Have a nice day, Jay :-)