Tuesday 17 April 2007

Service Blog


Helping the Spiders find your site

I have noticed a growing trend for ‘service blogs’. Service blogs are basically rank- boosting blogs that provide links in return for reciprocal links. Many do this by reviewing your site and/or providing a link. In return, you may be required to review them or provide a link-back.

Why participate? Well you can boost your technorati rankings and maybe even improve your page-rank, and it costs nothing to take part.

The lastest ones I have come across are BlogBait and A Links Blog, my tip: pay them a visit, get your blog reviewed, get the benefit of the reciprocal linkings and watch your rankings climb. These work along the same lines as Greg Statz’s OurBlogReview . The majority of people who are authoring these blogs, have their own personal blogs, they have realised that having a service blog running alongside their regular blog can help not only their own rankings, but everyone that gets involved.
These sites may not be favoured by advertsising programmes or paid-to-blog schemes, but then, that is not what they are intended for. They are purely as the name suggests, a service to help promote those that get involved. One wonders whether the spidering web bots will one day become so dizzy following all these links, they’ll all end up stranded on someone blog somewhere?? They’re welcome to stop by here for a breather for as long as they like!

6 comments:

stratz said...

Yeah I agree, they can be good but have to be updated and advertized...

jay said...

'thought I would do some linking to the OurBlogReview blogger of the half-month....

oso said...

Thank you for your post; your blog has been added.

jay said...

no problem..thanks

mj said...

How about a summary post where you'd write about the best schemes or programs you've discovered so far?

jay said...

That's definitely going to happen - I need to get past the 90 mark for the real good schemes though...
I could do a post right now for the schemes I have been paid by, I think I will incorporate this into the end-of-month summary for April. I do have a quite bit to say, so thanks for the suggestion