Friday 30 November 2007

Desktop themes...

I have been tagged by Ellie over at ThePinkC, and this time I am required to show the world my desktop.....
Now, my desktop is not as seasonal as hers, but there IS a story behind it. A lady I know has a cat called 'Bub', and this cat is quite a character on his own. Some time ago she took in a stray who is a little scruffier, (but somewhat mentally more stable..) than Bub. He has earned himself the moniker 'Scrub', so there you have Bub and Scrub.... Now I was playing with my little girl's 'etch-a-sketch' toy around last Christmas and came up with this cat cartoon which I named Bub, then went on to make some adjustments to make a Bub and a corresponding (slightly scruffier) Scrub. I developed the characters on Macromedia Freehand, and there we have the desktop (I think I must have imported into Fireworks to add the colour and text).

The intention was to come up with some stories for Bub and Scrub, but I never got around to writing any more than the first few lines... Nonetheless, the cartoon remains on my desktop in case I get inspired. I have developed characters for both of them: Bub is the mean one, and Scrub is the happy-go-lucky naive one who usually ends up in trouble for Bub's misdemeanors. I think that Scrub probably triumphs at the end of every story...
So err... that's MY desktop, what about yours, here are the folks that I am tagging:

3 comments:

MHJ said...

This is simply adorable! :) I love Bub and Scrub!

I hope you get the inspiration to write about them. I'm sure it would be a fun read!

Linky Love said...

Like Ellie says: we need to put the fun back in Blogging, so if you do the drawing, we can come up with a funny subject :-) What say you Jay?

jay said...

I'm up for it, but I discovered making one drawing is fun, doing a complete cartoon would be hard work - Here's what I will do - I'll work offline and come up with some silly stories (ideas gratefully accepted) - I'll do one or two drawings per story (it will be easier to scan sketches rather than painstakingly create them in 'Freehand' unless I get a mouse/pen)
I could 'syndicate' them so we each have a unique story to post, and we could post them all on the same day with links to the other episodes - how does that sound? - deadline 31st January 2008..